The new Horn System 64T is available for Threading (Full Profile) as well as Grooving & Parting
- 6 Cutting Edges offer greater cost savings
- New Cartridge Holders
- New Coatings
Please contact us for more information on this product line.
For the transport of short broken metal chips and small pieces from machine tools. Installation possible as individual conveyor or interlinked system. Suitable for short steel chips, needle chips (e.g. brass), cast chips and cast abrasion, dry processing and wet processing.
A scraper belt continuously moves the material to be conveyed on the container bottom to the discharge point. This continuous scraper belt consists of two chain strands connected through conveying bars. The scraper belt drive is carried out with a three phase geared motor with overload protection. Optional limit switch or monitoring of belt tracking. Also pre-cleaning of the coolant / lubricant is possible with wet processing.
Scraper Belt Chip Conveyor K Brochure
KNOLL Range of Chip Conveyors
The MicroPur® is a backflush filter for separating superfine impurities from oils. The ideal area of application is tool grinding of hard metal and HSS. In addition to standardised plants for single or several machines, KNOLL offers individual central plants for entire fields of production. Because of its ability to recover valuable raw materials without filter aids, its low power consumption and its low maintenance costs, the filter is particularly economical.
Features of the MicroPur® Filter
- High filter fineness (1-3 µm)
- Fast and effective regeneration cycle, low backflush volume
- Energy-efficient backflush without air
- Easy to maintain thanks to good accessibility and fast replacement of filter cartridges
- Inexpensive, back-flushable filter cartridges
- Energy-efficient, demand-controlled pump control
- Flexible modular system requiring minimal space
The filter pump delivers the cooling lubricants tangentially into the filter bowls. Centrifugal force causes larger solids to accumulate already on the housing wall. Then the fluid flows through the filter cartridges from the outside inwards and reaches the filtered coolant tank in the form of filtrate. A filter cake (concentrate) forms on the surface of the filter cartridge; this filter cake supports microfiltration like an additional deep-bed filter.
The growing filter cake causes a reduction in the volumetric flow or an increase in the pressure differential at the filter cartridge. The regeneration phase starts in response to pressure or time control: The feed valve closes and the drain valve opens. The flush pump conveys for a short time the filtered fluid from the inside outwards through the filter cartridge. This dissolves the filter cake and flushes the particles into the drain tank. The fluid is further concentrated by a downstream facility for sludge preparation.
Product Information & Case Studies:
Superfine Filter MicroPur® Brochure
Case Study – HiTeCH AG
Case Study – Emuge
KNOLL compact filters KF are Belt Filters used for cleaning of coolant and lubricants in machining processes
- Used as stand-alone cleaning unit or combined with chip conveyors (e.g. in machining centres)
- Use in Local (for one machine tool) or Central (for several machine tools) is also possible
Function of the Filtration Process
1. Contaminated liquid flows from the side through the inlet box into the filter trough
2. The filter fleece holds back the contaminant particles during streaming
3. The contaminant particles form a filter cake, which separates even tiny dirt particles
4. The filtered fluid collects in the clean tank
Filter Belt Regeneration
1. The growing filter cakes increase the flow resistance
2. The fluid level in the filter trough increases
3. The belt drive switches on at a defined level alternatively: time-controlled)
4. The carrier belt transports a piece of clean filter fleece to the filter surface
5. The fluid level decreases again
6. A sludge container or a winding unit (option) takes up the dirty filter fleece
Data Sheets & Product Information:
Compact Filter KF Brochure
Compact Filter KF 200 Data Sheet
Compact Filter KF 400 Data Sheet
If you manufacture valves, then you know how important getting a good seal is. Whether it is a gate, ball or butterfly valve, the extreme pressures and corrosive elements that valves are exposed to can create leaks in the system; this can lead to costly onsite repairs.
In some cases, for higher pressure valves or ones exposed to corrosive gases or fluids, a gasket or O-Ring cannot be used as the sealing approach. When two high precision metal surfaces need to be mated, different surface textures are required to avoid galling. Engis Hyprez® Flat Lapping Systems can provide the fits and finishes required for a precision seal that will extend the life of the valve between plant turnarounds. Engis has the complete system, machines, lapping plates, accessories and consumables to get the job done right the first time.
For ball valves, Engis has a complete range of diamond compounds, powders, slurries and lubricants for the precision lapping of balls and seats. Our L compound has provided superior cut rates and finishes for a wide range of seating applications. In addition, our diamond slurries, compounds and lubricants are well known for their quality in the precision polishing of the balls themselves.
Engis is also a leader in complete systems for the lapping of mechanical seals. Not only do we work with the original seal manufacturers, but provide machines, accessories and consumables to repair facilities as well as a hand lapping kit for onsite work in the field.
To learn how Engis assisted Morgan Advanced Materials in improving their processing of ceramic mechanical seals click here.