The BAH Series of Angle Heads from OMG srl, Italy are designed and built to satisfy the tooling requirements of very large machines used in a variety of industries: Heavy goods vehicles, Aeronautics, Shipping, Military, Railroad, Energy, Moulds and Automotive.
To build these types of products, one needs design expertise, thorough knowledge of the product itself and related problems, investment strength, specific machine tools and equipment as well as highly qualified personnel. The applied technology, the materials, the parts and assembly all ensure top levels; the certified static and dynamic
tests guarantee the best possible performance over time.
They are usually special products, tailor-made for the specific requirements of the manufacturer of machine tools or for retrofitting machines already at work in the specific industries. The main features of these products may be summarised as follows:
- Body made of cast iron or obtained from the full piece to ensure maximum precision and stability
- Motion transmitted by means of Gleason ground involute gears. The transmission ratio is normally 1:1, but it may be in both multiplication and in reduction based on torque transmission requirements
- Standard tool-holder couplings: DIN69871 – DIN 2080 – BT – HSK – Coromant Capto or others on request
- Tool holder can be locked on the spindle in two ways: manually or automatically. If automatic, it is locked mechanically and released hydraulically
- Coolant may be supplied in the centre of the tool holder. The pressure currently reached is 70 Bar and the tool holder is cleaned with air. Whatever the case, there are always some turning nozzles around the spindle
Furthermore, the spindle is always pressurised to avoid intrusions
- Spindle oblique contact precision bearings lubricated with long life grease
- Gears normally lubricated with grease separated from the grease of the bearings. For high speeds, the lubrication system is oil circulation
- The axes of the heads with automatic rotation are locked by means of Hirth crowns, with standard division of 2.5° and 1° on request
- All the electrical control devices on the axes and the spindles are inside the head and are easily accessed.
These products are tested statically on 3D measuring machines and dynamically, at the agreed rates, on our BP05 test bench that fully simulates the conditions of use in compliance with the product standards.