- Available in four capacities from 1,000 to 12,500 lbs, these units adapt to support fragile parts, heavy parts or “hog out” applications.
- When using the 3-2-1 locating principles, you often need additional support for a 4th, 5th or even more areas on your part. A work support will give you “floating” locators which won’t interfere with your 3, 2 or 1 locators. Clamp over your locators then lock the supports.
- Spring extended plungers maintain contact with the part during loading, exerting only spring force against the part. When hydraulic pressure is applied the plunger freezes without exerting any additional force on the part.
Proprietary wiper and seal designs reduce contamination and drag for longer lasting, better performing Work Supports. Stainless steel plunger and sleeve assemblies help guard against corrosion in most machining environments. Precision fit plunger/sleeve assemblies allow VektorFlo® Work Supports to begin to lock at lower pressures and build support faster.
If spring advance supports are to be used in flood coolant environments (consider air advance) attach tubing to the vent port and route to clean, dry air to keep coolant from being drawn in and becoming sticky on internal surfaces.
Standard SAE porting and alternate O-Ring manifold face seal is located in the base of the support for bolt down installation. The base can be removed for direct cartridge mounting.
** Vektek products are available in Metric version for the Indian Market
Vektek TuffGrip™ – High Capacity Fluid Advance Work Supports
World’s smallest High Capacity Work Supports, from a ¾” threaded 1000# model to a 1¾”, 8000# model, no other Work Support compare in performance and size. High Capacity Work Supports save space and weight, while giving you unmatched performance on fixtures. Available in: 1,000, 2,000, 4,000 and 8,000 lb capacity. Longer strokes, in many models! PLUS, NOW you can confirm your part is present and contacted with Vektek’s High Capacity Part Present Sensing Work Supports. Available in: 2,000, 4,000 and 8,000 lb capacity.
Vektek Hydraulic Workholding Concept
This advanced design block body cylinder mounts under the surface plate to pull a threaded fastener, making for easy-to-build fixturing on the new designs and giving you the option to add hydraulic control to many existing fixtures SAE porting receives fittings for either flexible or hard tubing external plumbing.
Please contact us for more information on workholding solution from Vektek USA.
Confirm Clamp Stroke Position Pneumatically
With the increasing use of automation it is becoming important to get positive confirmation of part status in your hydraulic fixture design. The Vektek Pneumatic Confirmation Valve allows designers to build in a simple check for proper part loading before or after clamping.
The Vektek Pneumatic Confirmation Valve confirms the stage of loading before or after clamping. It is adaptable to multiple devices including: swing clamps, link clamps, cylinders and supports. Avoid machine crashes by confirming specific actions before you cycle your machine. It is designed to be used in both coolant and dry environments, and is easily mounted either vertically or horizontally. Confirmation at its finest!
- Easily fine tune to your fixture giving you a choice of set and differential pressure.
- Confirm signal is based on restricting air flow when tested function is present.
- Over-travel sensing will reopen if a device depresses plunger too far on over travel models.
- Pneumatic Confirmation Valve can be used with almost any clamping device.
- Can help you detect missing or misloaded parts.
- Remote venting recommended in coolant applications.
Please contact us for more information on innovative products from Vektek for your workholding requirements.
Link: Vektek Pneumatic Confirmation Valve (PDF)
Vektek at EMO 2019
Hall 5 Booth G78
In The Port Sequence Valves
Control Sequencing of Individual Devices
- Installs directly into device port, requires manifold mounting.
- Works with Top and Bottom Flange Swing Clamps, Link Clamps and High Capacity Work Supports.
- Controls timing of individual devices on your fixture.
- Each valve can be individually fine tuned from the factory preset.
- True sequencing design allows full system pressure downstream of valve after opening.
- Maintains pressure upstream while device actuates.
- Three pressure ranges available with adjustability within each range.*
- Can be added after the fixture is built to assure proper sequencing.
- Use with single or double acting clamps;
in clamp port, unclamp port, or both.
- Internal reverse free flow check valve allows for faster return.
- Accessories available; Pressure pre-set block and in-line adapter block.
* Number of sequences within each range depends on number of devices, pump flow & operating pressure.
In The Port Precision Flow Control Valve
Control Speed of Individual Devices
- Use with single or double acting clamps.
- Meter-in flow control with reverse free flow check valve.
- Smallest high-pressure flow control valve on the market.
- Prevent component cam damage from unexpected or accidental surges in flow rate.
- Adjusting screw is positively retained and will not come out under pressure.
- Integral reverse free flow check valve for use with single or double acting clamps.
- Flow control requires the use of manifold mount ports.
For more info visit Vektek at the EMO at Hall 5, Stand G78