- Available in four capacities from 1,000 to 12,500 lbs, these units adapt to support fragile parts, heavy parts or “hog out” applications.
- When using the 3-2-1 locating principles, you often need additional support for a 4th, 5th or even more areas on your part. A work support will give you “floating” locators which won’t interfere with your 3, 2 or 1 locators. Clamp over your locators then lock the supports.
- Spring extended plungers maintain contact with the part during loading, exerting only spring force against the part. When hydraulic pressure is applied the plunger freezes without exerting any additional force on the part.
Proprietary wiper and seal designs reduce contamination and drag for longer lasting, better performing Work Supports. Stainless steel plunger and sleeve assemblies help guard against corrosion in most machining environments. Precision fit plunger/sleeve assemblies allow VektorFlo® Work Supports to begin to lock at lower pressures and build support faster.
If spring advance supports are to be used in flood coolant environments (consider air advance) attach tubing to the vent port and route to clean, dry air to keep coolant from being drawn in and becoming sticky on internal surfaces.
Standard SAE porting and alternate O-Ring manifold face seal is located in the base of the support for bolt down installation. The base can be removed for direct cartridge mounting.
** Vektek products are available in Metric version for the Indian Market
Horn Milling Systems
Presenting a demo of Milling Solutions from Horn. The demo showcases a variety of different HORN milling cutters – the tangential milling system 409, high feed milling system DAHM, milling system DS and milling system DG.
The vacuum filter VL is a high performance filter for cleaning the coolant lubricants of machining processes, in particular grinding processes. Depending on the requirement, several filter elements can be used for individual machines (locally) or machine groups (centrally). Its special efficiency is a result of high energy efficiency, low cooling lubricant loss and low disposal costs.
- Production of pure concentrate with low residual moisture as standard without filter aids
- Optimized filter capacity, filter quality and energy efficiency thanks to a flawless control system
- Continuous filter process without reverse flushing interuption
- Forced degasification of coolant lubricants in the filter
- Can be used for different machining processes, materials and coolant lubricants
- Problem-free removal of light metal chips
The contaminated liquid flows through the inlet box into the filter. It then runs through the filter belt into the filter chamber. From there, a filter pump conveys the filtered medium into the clean tank. The vacuum pump generates a vacuum in the filter chamber. The high pressure differential at the filtering surface creates a thick filter cake (concentrate) on the filter belt. This filter cake also acts as a filter medium and separates smallest dirt particles. The filter and vacuum pumps are regulated demand-driven and and provide for a tranquilized, constant filtering process.
Filter Belt Regeneration
The permeability of the filtering surface decreases as the filter cake grows. Now the belt drive switches on and conveys the carrier belt together with the filter belt a little further. Thereby, permeable filter belt reaches the filter surface and the volumetric flow through the filter surface continues to rise again. The feed length varies in such a way that the set clock cycle remains constant.
The endless filter belt passes through the following stations:
- Filtering section (separation of the dirt particles)
- Drying section (extraction of liquid from the concentrate)
- Cleaning with air or brush (removal of the concentrate)
- Back flushing (removal of the residual particles)
Please contact us for more information on KNOLL Filtration Systems for your process.
New Geometry for Finishing Grooves
Paul Horn GmbH is proud to present the FB geometry, a solution for finishing grooves. The new geometry has been in response to user requests for even better surface quality on the flanks and at the base of a groove or recess. This geometry has already been in use successfully for some time as a special solution for producing grooves for sealing rings and shaft seals. High surface quality is possible without any problems in the finishing process, even when the conditions are unstable. Horn offers the geometry for a variety of systems for external and internal grooving.
The geometry is available as a standard tool for the 224, 229, S34T, 315 and 64T systems for precision machining of external grooves. For internal machining, it is available for the 105, 108, 111, 114 and 216 systems. Further insert types are available as special tools and can be delivered quickly via the Greenline system, whereby it is possible to deliver up to 50 customized inserts, depending on the design, within five working days after approval of the drawing by the customer.
KNOLL chip reducers cut metal and plastic chips to bulk material quality. The reducers can be installed on machine tools or at central collecting points. Depending on model, horizontal or vertical chip feed is possible, together with faulty part ejection in some applications.
Please contact us for more information on the KNOLL Chip Reducers for your machining process.