Introducing the new KNOLL high pressure pump + filtration unit “LubiCool” – a mobile high pressure unit for machine tools, particularly fixed and sliding head stock automatic lathes. The system effectively cleans the coolant with a belt filter and provides the machine with high pressure up to 150 bar.
Areas of Application
• Demanding machining processes
• Deep hole drilling machines
• Processing with difficult materials (e.g. high-alloyed steel, titanium, copper, bronze)
• OEM equipment as well as retrofit applications
1. The transfer pump pumps the dirty CL from the machine tool into the compact filter.
2. The compact filter separates chips and the soiling from the CL, which flows in the clean media tank.
3. The dirty fleece is collected in the sludge container.
4. The high pressure pump provides the machine tool with cleaned CL through switchable outputs.
5. The integrated touch pad allows the control and visualisation of the most important system parameters
A completely automatic “System Solution” for the transport or treatment of chips or coolant. These are individual systems and components that are linked to form one complete system – a Central System.
A suitable system depends on the project requirements. This may be, for example, classical, rigid chip conveying systems (belt conveyors) or modern, flexible, cross-linked bulk goods transportation systems (pumping or suction technology). halls and machine layout, machining processes, materials, chip volume and length of conveying path, but also the degree of automation, flexibility, environmental stipulations, disposal costs and budgets are a selection of criteria which our planning experts take into consideration in the design of a suitable system.
KNOLL can offer you all required services, from planning to production to start-up, all from a single source. KNOLL customer service ensures safe and economical operation. Additionally if the system is to be expanded or reconfigured, KNOLL is the right partner for you.
- Pumps – For the mechanical-engineering and automotive industries
- Swarf Trolleys – For stable emptying
- Coolant + Lubricant Tempering equipment – For preheating and heating or cooling of cooling lubricants and other media
- Foreign Oil Separators – For maintaining cooling lubricants
- Coolant + Lubricant metering and mixing devices – For metering and mixing stable and homogeneous cooling lubricants or solutions
- Magnetic Separators – For cleaning cooling lubricants to remove ferromagnetic contaminants
- Chip Centrifuges – For automatically de-oiling short metal chips
- Chip Compactors – For briquetting (compacting) metal chips as an economical and ecological alternative to chip processing
- Lifting + Tipping Devices – Equipment for emptying the contents of chip trolleys or material hoppers into containers, chip mills or centrifuges
Please contact us for more information on Central Systems from KNOLL.
The MicroPur® is a backflush filter for separating superfine impurities from oils. The ideal area of application is tool grinding of hard metal and HSS. In addition to standardised plants for single or several machines, KNOLL offers individual central plants for entire fields of production. Because of its ability to recover valuable raw materials without filter aids, its low power consumption and its low maintenance costs, the filter is particularly economical.
Features of the MicroPur® Filter
- High filter fineness (1-3 µm)
- Fast and effective regeneration cycle, low backflush volume
- Energy-efficient backflush without air
- Easy to maintain thanks to good accessibility and fast replacement of filter cartridges
- Inexpensive, back-flushable filter cartridges
- Energy-efficient, demand-controlled pump control
- Flexible modular system requiring minimal space
The filter pump delivers the cooling lubricants tangentially into the filter bowls. Centrifugal force causes larger solids to accumulate already on the housing wall. Then the fluid flows through the filter cartridges from the outside inwards and reaches the filtered coolant tank in the form of filtrate. A filter cake (concentrate) forms on the surface of the filter cartridge; this filter cake supports microfiltration like an additional deep-bed filter.
The growing filter cake causes a reduction in the volumetric flow or an increase in the pressure differential at the filter cartridge. The regeneration phase starts in response to pressure or time control: The feed valve closes and the drain valve opens. The flush pump conveys for a short time the filtered fluid from the inside outwards through the filter cartridge. This dissolves the filter cake and flushes the particles into the drain tank. The fluid is further concentrated by a downstream facility for sludge preparation.
Product Information & Case Studies:
Superfine Filter MicroPur® Brochure
Case Study – HiTeCH AG
Case Study – Emuge