The vacuum filter VL is a high performance filter for cleaning the coolant lubricants of machining processes, in particular grinding processes. Depending on the requirement, several filter elements can be used for individual machines (locally) or machine groups (centrally). Its special efficiency is a result of high energy efficiency, low cooling lubricant loss and low disposal costs.
- Production of pure concentrate with low residual moisture as standard without filter aids
- Optimized filter capacity, filter quality and energy efficiency thanks to a flawless control system
- Continuous filter process without reverse flushing interuption
- Forced degasification of coolant lubricants in the filter
- Can be used for different machining processes, materials and coolant lubricants
- Problem-free removal of light metal chips
The contaminated liquid flows through the inlet box into the filter. It then runs through the filter belt into the filter chamber. From there, a filter pump conveys the filtered medium into the clean tank. The vacuum pump generates a vacuum in the filter chamber. The high pressure differential at the filtering surface creates a thick filter cake (concentrate) on the filter belt. This filter cake also acts as a filter medium and separates smallest dirt particles. The filter and vacuum pumps are regulated demand-driven and and provide for a tranquilized, constant filtering process.
Filter Belt Regeneration
The permeability of the filtering surface decreases as the filter cake grows. Now the belt drive switches on and conveys the carrier belt together with the filter belt a little further. Thereby, permeable filter belt reaches the filter surface and the volumetric flow through the filter surface continues to rise again. The feed length varies in such a way that the set clock cycle remains constant.
The endless filter belt passes through the following stations:
- Filtering section (separation of the dirt particles)
- Drying section (extraction of liquid from the concentrate)
- Cleaning with air or brush (removal of the concentrate)
- Back flushing (removal of the residual particles)
Please contact us for more information on KNOLL Filtration Systems for your process.